The Deck at our pet hotel is our deluxe dog accommodation. This pet dog boarding facility is a gorgeous red brick complex with sliding glass double doors offering a view of their own private play-yard. The play-yards are accessed via a doggy door and dogs are able to say hello to their neighbours in the yards next door. The Deck is also climate controlled with cooling and ceiling fans in summer and heating in winter. In the cooler months the raised benches are heated, keeping bedding nice and warm. Each suite has a flat screen TV, piped music playing throughout the day along with plenty of human interaction and attention, as our dog kennels are fully staffed every day of the year.
All dogs booked into this area also get to spend three to four hours outside in our large play-yards, weather permitting. These yards have been purposefully designed to create a natural and fun environment with grass, trees, rock formations and tunnels for dogs to run through or climb on top of.
We encourage dogs of certain breeds to stay with a companion and always ensure your dogʼs companion is compatible in age, size, breed and temperament.
For safety reasons, there are some dog breeds that we prefer to keep on their own due to their size and strength.
Single Accommodation breeds: Akitas, Bulldogs (excluding French), Bernese Mountain Dogs, Boxers, Chow Chows, Dobermans, Great Danes, Greyhounds, Heelers, Huskies, Malamutes, Mastiffs, Maremmas, Rottweilers, Ridgebacks, Shiba Inus, Shepherds (excluding Australian), Staffies, Wolfhounds, etc. Any dogs that are crossed with one of these breeds will also require single accommodation. Two dogs of any of these breeds from the same family are certainly able to stay together.
Single accommodation is also available for those dogs and owners who would prefer this option, regardless of their dogʼs breed.
Please note: Single accommodation incurs a higher fee.
Trial Boarding Stays
An introductory overnight stay can be extremely beneficial in assessing whether an excitable kennel environment is going to be a suitable option for certain dogs. It also gives them a gentle introduction to our staff, our routine, and exposure to all the new sights and smells they are going to experience while with us, which will make their first stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
Due to their strength, we may require a trial stay depending on age, size, and behaviour for the following breeds: American Akita, American Bulldog, American Staffie, Anatolian Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, Belgian Shepherd, Bernese Mountain Dog, Bull Arab, Bull Mastiff, Bull Terrier, Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff), Caucasian Shepherd, Doberman, Dogue De Bordeaux (French Mastiff), Dutch Shepherd, German Shepherd, Great Dane, Maremma, Newfoundland, Pitbull Terrier, Pyrenees, Tibetan Mastiff, etc.
Any dog with behavioural issues will also require a trial stay before their first stay.
Please see ‘Information for Dog Owners’ at the bottom of the page for our inclusions.
Shared Accommodation $70.00 per dog per day
Single Accommodation $90.00 per dog per day*
*Single accommodation attracts a $20 daily surcharge across peak periods (school holidays)
All dogs boarding for 3 nights or more receive a complimentary dog hydrobath and blow-dry on departure. For stays shorter than 3 nights please ask our office for a price. Dogs with long coats will incur an extra bathing fee.
Minimum charges apply during peak periods.
Information for Dog Owners:
- All dogs must have a current annual C5 vaccination and we require proof of their most recent vaccination on arrival.
- We provide all of the bedding your dog will require however if your dog is staying in The Deck you are welcome to send along something from home.
- We have plenty of toys for the dogs to play with and for safety reasons we are unable to accept personal toys. Our toys are all regularly sanitised and indestructible, eliminating the risk of consumption and blockages.
- All food is provided and we have a variety of options available. Our main feed is a cooked chicken, vegetable and rice mixture combined with dry food. If your dog is on a special diet or is particularly fussy, you are more than welcome to bring along your own food from home. If your dog is raw fed please freeze this in portions for us to defrost daily. Please bring along more food than you normally feed at home, as dogs are much more active at Cottage Kennels & Cattery and we do have to increase the amount we feed them, to counteract the calorie deficit and ensure they do not lose any weight with all the fun they will be having.
- Please Note: Any pet with strict dietary restrictions (i.e. chicken allergies, grain free, low fat, etc.) who does not have their own food provided will now be charged a Special Diet fee of $5.00 per day to supplement our costs in purchasing these specific options.
- Dogs receive a minimum of three to four hours in our larger exercise yards each day, weather permitting.
- If your dog has a coat or jacket, feel free to send it along in the winter months and we will ensure the jacket is put on at night time. We also have a reasonably priced range of coats and jackets available in the office for purchase.
- Upon arrival please ensure your dog is safely restrained on a lead or in a pet carrier. During your dogʼs stay we will utilise our own identification collar and use our own leads, therefore we request that you take your collar and lead home and remember to bring them along when collecting your dog.
- Code of Practice for Victorian Boarding Kennels states “only two dogs may share a pen or play yard at any given time”, so rest assured your dog will have only one other friend. With written permission from owners, three or more dogs from one family are allowed to stay together.