The Deck is our deluxe dog accommodation. This facility is a gorgeous red brick complex with sliding glass double doors offering a view of their own private play-yard. The play-yards are accessed via a doggy door and, once outside, dogs are able to say hello to their neighbours in the yards next door. The Deck is also climate controlled with cooling and ceiling fans in summer and heating in winter. In the cooler months the raised benches are heated, keeping bedding nice and warm. Each suite has a flat screen TV, piped music playing throughout the day along with plenty of human interaction and attention, as our kennels are fully staffed every day of the year.
All dogs booked into this area also get to spend three to four hours outside in our large play-yards, weather permitting. These yards have been purposefully designed to create a natural and fun environment with grass, trees, rock formations and tunnels for dogs to run through or climb on top of.
Information for Dog owners:
- We provide all of the bedding your dog will require, however you are welcome to bring your dogʼs favourite bed or blanket along if they are booked into The Deck.
- We have plenty of toys for the dogs to play with, therefore there is no need to bring any toys along from home.
- Dogs receive a minimum of three to four hours outside each day, weather permitting. We never have more than two dogs outside in an exercise yard, unless there are three dogs in a family.
- If your dog has a coat or jacket, feel free to send it along in the winter months and we will ensure the jacket is put on at night time. We also have a reasonably priced range of coats and jackets available in the office for purchase.
- Upon arrival please ensure your dog is safely restrained on a lead or in a pet carrier. During your dogʼs stay we will utilise our own identification collar and use our own leads, therefore we request that you take your collar and lead home and remember to bring them along when collecting your dog.
- Code of Practice for Victorian Boarding Kennels states “only two dogs may share a pen or play yard at any given time”, so rest assured your dog will have only one other friend. With written permission from owners, three or more dogs from one family are allowed to stay together. We encourage dogs of certain breeds to stay with a companion always ensuring your dogʼs companion is compatible in age, size and temperament.
- For safety reasons, there are some dog breeds that we prefer to keep on their own due to their size and strength. These breeds include: Bulldogs, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Boxers, Chow Chows, Dobermans, Great Danes, Greyhounds, Heelers, Huskies, Malamutes, Mastiffs, Maremmas, Rottweiler, Ridgebacks, Shiba Inus, Shepherds, Staffies, Staghounds, Wolfhounds, etc. Any dogs that are crossed with one of these breeds will also require single accommodation. Two dogs of any of these breeds from the same family are certainly able to stay together. Single accommodation is also available for those dogs and owners who would prefer this option, regardless of their dogʼs breed. Please note: single accommodation incurs a higher fee. (See prices for details).