The Main is our medium to large dog facility. Designed with all enclosures facing the courtyard, each room is very well protected from the elements (despite not being fully enclosed) and has a very pleasant outlook for your dog. Music plays throughout The Main which is fully staffed every day of the year, ensuring your dog receives plenty of regular interaction and attention. We also have a ‘geriatricʼ area suiting those dogs that are a little bit older and have special requirements.
We have a variety of play-yards that have been designed to create a natural and fun environment with grass, trees, rock formations and tunnels for dogs to run through or climb on top of. These are located around the perimeter of the facility, where dogs spend three to four hours per day (weather permitting).
Whether dogs are inside or out in a play-yard, they are always able to see into neighbouring rooms and yards, enabling lots of stimulation regardless of whether they are in single or shared accommodation.
We encourage dogs of certain breeds to stay with a companion and always ensure your dogʼs companion is compatible in age, size, breed and temperament.
For safety reasons, there are some dog breeds that we prefer to keep on their own due to their size and strength.
Single Accommodation breeds: Bulldogs, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Boxers, Chow Chows, Dobermans, Great Danes, Greyhounds, Heelers, Huskies, Malamutes, Mastiffs, Maremmas, Rottweilers, Ridgebacks, Shiba Inus, Shepherds, Staffies, Staghounds, Wolfhounds etc.
Any dogs that are crossed with one of these breeds will also require single accommodation. Two dogs of any of these breeds from the same family are certainly able to stay together.
Single accommodation is also available for those dogs and owners who would prefer this option, regardless of their dogʼs breed. Please note: single accommodation incurs a higher fee.
Shared Accommodation $46.00 per dog per day
Single Accommodation - Off Peak (School Term) $49.00 per dog per day
Single Accommodation - Peak (School Holidays) $59.00 per dog per day
All dogs boarding for 3 nights or more receive a complimentary hydrobath and blow-dry on departure. For stays shorter than 3 nights please ask our office for a price. Long coated dogs may incur an extra bathing fee
*Minimum charges apply during peak periods
Information for Dog owners:
- All dogs must have a current annual C5 vaccination and we require proof of their most recent vaccination on arrival.
- We provide all of the bedding your dog will require. All bedding is laundered and replaced with fresh fleece blankets daily so it is much easier if you don't bring along any from home.
- We have plenty of toys for the dogs to play with and for safety reasons we are unable to accept personal toys. Our toys are all easily sanitised and indestructible, eliminating the risk of consumption and blockages.
- All food is provided and we have a variety of options available. Our main feed is a cooked chicken, vegetable and rice mixture combined with dry food. If your dog is on a special diet or is particularly fussy you are more than welcome to bring along your own food from home. If your dog is raw fed please freeze this in portions for us to defrost daily. Please bring along more food than you normally feed at home as dogs are much more active at Cottage and we do have to increase the amount we feed them to counteract the calorie deficit and ensure they do not lose any weight with all the fun they will be having.
- Dogs receive a minimum of three to four hours outside each day, weather permitting.
- If your dog has a coat or jacket, feel free to send it along in the winter months and we will ensure the jacket is put on at night time. We also have a reasonably priced range of coats and jackets available in the office for purchase.
- Upon arrival please ensure your dog is safely restrained on a lead or in a pet carrier. During your dogʼs stay we will utilise our own identification collar and use our own leads, therefore we request that you take your collar and lead home and remember to bring them along when collecting your dog.
- Code of Practice for Victorian Boarding Kennels states “only two dogs may share a pen or play yard at any given time”, so rest assured your dog will have only one other friend. With written permission from owners, three or more dogs from one family are allowed to stay together.