The Main is our medium to large dog facility. Designed with all enclosures facing the courtyard, each room is very well protected from the elements (despite not being fully enclosed) and has a very pleasant outlook for your dog/s. Music plays throughout the Main which is fully staffed every day of the year, ensuring your dog receives plenty of regular interaction and attention. We also have a ‘geriatricʼ area suiting those dogs that are a little bit older and have special requirements.
We have a variety of play-yards that have been purposefully designed to create a natural and fun environment with grass, trees, rock formations and tunnels for dogs to run through or climb on top of. These are located around the perimeter of the facility, where dogs are able to spend three to four hours per day (weather permitting).
Whether dogs are inside or out in a play-yard, they are always able to see into neighbouring rooms and yards, enabling lots of stimulation regardless of whether they are in single or shared accommodation.
Single Accommodation breeds: Bulldogs, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Boxers, Chow Chows, Dobermans, Great Danes, Greyhounds, Heelers, Huskies, Malamutes, Mastiffs, Maremmas, Rottweilers, Ridgebacks, Shiba Inus, Shepherds, Staffies, Staghounds, Wolfhounds etc. Any dogs that are crossed with one of these breeds will also require single accommodation.
Shared Accommodation - $44.00 per dog per day
Single Accommodation - Off Peak (school term) $47.00 per dog per day
Single Accommodation - Peak (school holiday periods) $57.00 per dog per day
All dogs boarding for 3 nights or more receive a complimentary hydrobath and blow-dry on departure. For stays shorter than 3 nights please ask our office for a price. Long coated dogs may incur an extra bathing fee
*Minimum charges apply during peak periods
Information for Dog owners:
- We provide all of the bedding your dog will require, however you are welcome to bring your dogʼs favourite bed or blanket along if they are booked into The Deck.
- We have plenty of toys for the dogs to play with, therefore there is no need to bring any toys along from home.
- Dogs receive a minimum of three to four hours outside each day, weather permitting. We never have more than two dogs outside in an exercise yard, unless there are three dogs in a family.
- If your dog has a coat or jacket, feel free to send it along in the winter months and we will ensure the jacket is put on at night time. We also have a reasonably priced range of coats and jackets available in the office for purchase.
- Upon arrival please ensure your dog is safely restrained on a lead or in a pet carrier. During your dogʼs stay we will utilise our own identification collar and use our own leads, therefore we request that you take your collar and lead home and remember to bring them along when collecting your dog.
- Code of Practice for Victorian Boarding Kennels states “only two dogs may share a pen or play yard at any given time”, so rest assured your dog will have only one other friend. With written permission from owners, three or more dogs from one family are allowed to stay together. We encourage dogs of certain breeds to stay with a companion always ensuring your dogʼs companion is compatible in age, size and temperament.
- For safety reasons, there are some dog breeds that we prefer to keep on their own due to their size and strength. These breeds include: Bulldogs, Bernese Mountain Dogs, Boxers, Chow Chows, Dobermans, Great Danes, Greyhounds, Heelers, Huskies, Malamutes, Mastiffs, Maremmas, Rottweiler, Ridgebacks, Shiba Inus, Shepherds, Staffies, Staghounds, Wolfhounds, etc. Any dogs that are crossed with one of these breeds will also require single accommodation. Two dogs of any of these breeds from the same family are certainly able to stay together. Single accommodation is also available for those dogs and owners who would prefer this option, regardless of their dogʼs breed. Please note: single accommodation incurs a higher fee. (See prices for details).