The Pavilion is our specifically designed small dog boarding facility. It is a double red brick building, fully tiled, has pine lined ceilings and roller doors that fully enclose the facility at night to provide a homely environment. The Pavilion also has ceiling fans to keep the dogs comfortable in the warmer months and underfloor heating for the cooler months. Music plays throughout the day in The Pavilion, and it is fully staffed every day of the year, ensuring your dog receives a lot of regular interaction and attention.
Dog playgrounds have been designed for fun; ramps, rock tunnels and grassy areas are sure to delight the most adventurous guest. Our exercise yards are located at the front of the building where dogs spend three to four hours per day (weather permitting). Whether dogs are inside or out in a play-yard, they are always able to see into the room or yards next door, enabling constant stimulation regardless of whether they are in single or shared accommodation.
We encourage dogs of certain breeds to stay with a companion and always ensure your dogʼs companion is compatible in age, size, breed and temperament.
Single accommodation is available for those dogs and owners who would prefer this option. Please note: single accommodation incurs a higher fee.
Please see ‘Information for Dog Owners’ at the bottom of this page for our inclusions.
Shared Accommodation $52.00 per dog per day
Single Accommodation $60.00 per dog per day*
Day Stay $35.00 per dog per day
*Single accommodation attracts a $20 daily surcharge across peak periods (school holidays)
All dogs boarding for 3 nights or more receive a complimentary dog hydrobath and blow-dry on departure. For stays shorter than 3 nights please ask our office for a price. Dogs with long coats will incur an extra bathing fee.
Minimum charges apply during peak periods. Please view our Boarding Agreement for more information.
Information for Dog Owners:
- We provide all of the bedding your dog will require. All bedding is laundered and replaced with fresh fleece blankets daily so it is much easier if you don't bring along any from home.
- We have plenty of toys for the dogs to play with and for safety reasons we are unable to accept personal toys. Our toys are all regularly sanitised and indestructible, eliminating the risk of consumption and blockages.
- All food is provided and we have a variety of options available. Our main feed is a cooked chicken, vegetable and rice mixture combined with dry food. If your dog is on a special diet or is particularly fussy you are more than welcome to bring along your own food from home. If your dog is raw fed please freeze this in portions for us to defrost daily. Please bring along more food than you normally feed at home as dogs are much more active at Cottage and we do have to increase the amount we feed them to counteract the calorie deficit and ensure they do not lose any weight with all the fun they will be having.
- Please Note: Any pet who is a very fussy eater or has strict dietary restrictions (i.e. chicken allergies, grain free, low fat, etc.) who does not have their own food provided will now be charged a Premium Diet charge of $5.00 per day to supplement our costs in purchasing these specific options.
- Dogs receive a minimum of three to four hours outside each day, weather permitting.
- If your dog has a coat or jacket, feel free to send it along in the winter months and we will ensure the jacket is put on at night time. We also have a reasonably priced range of coats and jackets available in the office for purchase.
- Upon arrival please ensure your dog is safely restrained on a lead or in a pet carrier. During your dogʼs stay we will utilise our own identification collar and use our own leads, therefore we request that you take your collar and lead home and remember to bring them along when collecting your dog.
- Code of Practice for Victorian Boarding Kennels states “only two dogs may share a pen or play yard at any given time”, so rest assured your dog will have only one other friend. With written permission from owners, three or more dogs from one family are allowed to stay together.